I am a caring, conscientious and reliable Eyelash Technician and l will do all that I can to make you feel welcome and comfortable, to work to the best of my ability and in return, I would very much appreciate you respecting my time as a professional. This is my livelihood, so I need to be business-like about the business bit! When you book an appointment with me, I set aside that time in my work diary and I then turn away other potential clients, as I have already committed the time to you.
- You will be asked to pay £20 as a booking fee (or 50% for infills) to secure your appointment.
- It is fine to ask to change, or cancel an appointment, but I do ask for 24 hours of notice, or 50% of the fee will be payable. In busy periods like summer, or Christmas, you may find that there is a 2-week wait for a new appointment.
- If you cancel on the day of the appointment, or do not show up, you will need to pay the full appointment fee.
- Please be on time for your appointment and understand that if you are late, that your session will need shorter, although the price will be the same.
- If you have been given a Gift Voucher, please note that these will expire within 6 months of purchase, or on the date stated on the voucher. An appointment will be reserved for you, but with less than 24 hours notice of cancellation, it is no longer possible to redeem it, so you would need to make a new booking and make payment in the usual way.
- In the unlikely event that I would need to cancel, or change your appointment, I will of course offer you another time, or give you a full refund.
- Please also note that I cannot easily accommodate you if you are more than 5 minutes early. I am a working Mum, with a home-based salon and no waiting room, so if you are earlier than that, I may still be working with a client, having a well-deserved break, dealing with my family, or taking my little dog out for a quick walk!
In the world of Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extensions you may need to make a few adjustments to your beauty routine to maintain a strong adhesive bond. To get the best possible results, please read through the following notes carefully.
Before your Appointment:
- It is ESSENTIAL that you arrive completely free of cream, oil, shampoo, or hair conditioner around the eye area and FREE of eye makeup of any kind. If the lashes and eye area are not clean and oil-free, I will spend unnecessary time in your appointment cleaning you up, meaning I have less time to get beautiful lashes on your eyes! I recommend using a gentle, NON-OILY cleanser to remove makeup. I keep a small stock of a suitable one that can be purchased when you come to the salon. You should remove your makeup, then wash your lashes with lash poo – read more about that here, so that they are free of grease, BUT keep them away from hair shampoo, or hair conditioner, as residues of cream, oil, shampoo, or hair conditioner could lead to poor adhesion of the Eyelash Extensions.
- Give yourself enough space in your day to relax, by having a break from modern life, so switch off your mobile phone before we begin. Calls and text messages can disrupt your relaxation (and reduce your lash count!).
- Get a good night’s sleep and reduce your caffeine intake, so that you arrive ready to have your snoozy time, whilst I apply your beautiful lashes. A wired mind can mean tension around the eyes, twitching and squinting, making it very difficult for me to do what I need to do and leading to fewer lashes.
- Allow plenty of time and make sure you put enough money in your parking meter, as the initial appointment for a Full Set can take up to 2 hours.
- Do book regular infills to keep your lashes looking fabulous.
- I use a nano mister to force-cure your eyelash extensions, but I would avoid swamping them with water in the first 24 hours after application, in order for the adhesive to fully cure, so use an umbrella, if it is raining (grab a free one from me before you leave!) and have a quick wash, rather than a shower. After 24 hours you are free to swim, shower and fully wet your lashes.
- It is strongly recommended that you wash your Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extensions with “Lash Poo”. You can read more about that here.
- I very much recommend for lasting retention of your extensions and lash health, that you do NOT wear mascara.
- Avoid anything with hot water, or steam, like sauna, steam baths, or hot water on the face for 48 hours. After that, the odd steam, or jacuzzi should be fine, but repeated/prolonged exposure to high heat and steam can weaken the lash bond and cause extensions to fall off early. Sunshine is OK, but some people may find they have to make a choice between hot yoga and Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extensions!
- If at any point after application of the eyelash extensions, you experience itching, pain, swelling or discomfort, please call me ASAP for advice and do NOT attempt to remove them yourself.
- If you have to use eye makeup on your lids, then choose the oil-free type and you must gently remove it with a OIL-FREE makeup remover.
- You MUST TRAIN YOURSELF not to pull, rub, or fiddle with your Semi-Permanent Eyelash Extensions, as they will fall out before they need to AND you run the risk of prematurely pulling out your own lashes with the extensions. They will grow back of course, but fiddling leads to sparse lashes (not a good look).
The less you fiddle with them, the longer you will have them!
- Do not tint, or perm your lashes, or use eyelash curlers (hardly necessary, as your lashes will be looking so good!). You may have your eyelashes tinted before having extensions.
- Take extreme care with oils and creams (oil is the arch-enemy of the eyelash bonding agent!). Make sure you use these carefully and sparingly around the eye area, avoiding the lids and eyelashes completely.
- It is a good idea to wear a sweat-band when you exercise, so that the sweat does not mix with the oils from your skin and travel down towards your eyes, affecting the adhesive bond.
- If you can, avoid sleeping on your face, or with your lashes pressed into the pillow, as they will last longer!
- In the hot weather, avoid suntan cream sprays, as droplets can end up on your eyes. Always apply sun tan creams VERY sparingly above the eye area, as the cream can mix with sweat and slide downwards to dislodge your eyelashes.
- Beware of The BBQ! All synthetic materials will melt when exposed to very high temperatures. No need to be worried about the summer sun, but do keep your lashes away from the BBQ and other high heat sources (even a hairdryer). If synthetic lashes get a blast of extremely hot air, they might get singed!
- You can VERY gently brush through your lashes with a mascara wand now and then to keep them separated and tidy (included in your Lash Care Kit).
If you have any questions that I have not answered here, then do get in touch here and I will be happy to help!